Sunday 2 October 2011

6th Grade Hottie Continued...

So...despite not noticing him for the rest of the night I knew he had left not long after I bumped into him at the bar because...

After I left I found I had a message on my facebook from him saying:

"Damn! I should have got your number! Here's mine, hope to catch up with you soon xx".

I ignored it and the next day at work, sometime in the afternoon, my curiosity got the better of me and I flicked back "04** *** *** x". If he wanted my number he could have it. But I was going to do absolutely zilch with his. I had such little interest in boys at the moment that I had no inclination to chase them in anyway.

That night after work I detoured to Ikea on the way home because there were a few things I want to get for my new little apartment. Whilst shopping I noted that my mobile phone had gone off in my bag. I check it. Unrecognised number: "Hey hun, what you up to? xx"....it was him. A little smile crept across my face as I threw my phone back into my bag:

a) because he'd gotten back to me so quickly (I was used to boys waiting 2-3 days to get in contact! Seemed to be a common dating ritual amongst singletons. Frustrated me to the Hilt); and

b) because I threw it back into my bag with no intention of replying for hours...in hindsight I don't know how or when I became such a game player as I had very little reason to ever become such (I had not been single very long and so I hadn't had a chance to be burnt by boys yet...just naturally cynical and suspicious I guess. And probably seen a few too many episodes of Sex and the City ha). But at the time I was quite proud of my ability not to succumb to boys and their attempts to gain my attention. I think I probably expected to lose theirs as soon as they got mine? Who knows. Women are complex and fickle beings and they come up with these funny little notions that can sometimes drive many areas of their lives and it's only when you can recognise these little misconceptions that you can properly address a situation in an unaffected fashion.

I wrote back once I had finally got home and unpacked all of my new purchases and we had a nice, re-getting to know you chat via text. Until I stopped writing back. Another one of my dating tools...are you detecting a pattern here? I was playing hard-to-get without even realising it!

I was so affected by my previous relationship, and had such ill-opinion of men and my need for another relationship that I was doing what so many women attempted to do. Did my playing-hard-to-get work better because I wasn't actually playing?

Stay tuned to find out!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment